4.13.2009

No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency + Airside

A few weeks ago in Portland I kept stumbling upon the book "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency", last week I heard a great piece about this new book based HBO/BBC show on NPR and then I read Grace's post on the show. As every The Secret reader knows, the universe was obviously telling me to go check this out ;)
I watched the first episode and loved it. The colors, pattens, characters and Jill Scott are all wonderful. My favorite part is the opening and closing credits done by Airside. They get the feel of the show and the place (Botswana) across so beautifully.
A few stills are below. You can watch the show online here at the BBC's site and check out Airside's work and a few credit reels here.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post! I love, love, love these animated sequences, especially the ending sequence of the pilot episode. I am glad to know who has done them. :)

Jessica Sutton said...

i love these!! (and i totally just swiped your linkwithin things - loooove them!!)


THE PIHNB LINE